The Community Chest (TCC) executes initiatives and activities aligned with its objectives and goals. The functions and responsibilities of TCC include:
- To identify and evaluate Learning Institutions with specific funding requirements.
- To identify and evaluate eligible and deserving Malaysian students who require financial assistance to gain access to quality education.
- To develop detailed execution plans to address the costs involved, implementation and roll out period, policies, and approvals required for each area evaluated and recommended.
- To present projects and plans to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- To execute, disburse and monitor the progress of the approved projects and plans based on the identified milestones and provide updates to the Board of Trustees periodically.