|No of students||875 (2020 intake)|
SJKC Pokok Assam, a fully aided school, has 2 main blocks of buildings, a covered activity hall linking both buildings and a single-storey building to accommodate pre-school. Block A “Classroom & Administration Building” comprised of 3-storey was built over 30 years and Block B Classroom Building” comprised of 4-storey building was built over 20 years.
The school requested funding from TCC to refurbish and upgrade the school buildings depleted due to wear and tear condition. The major refurbishment works carried out included: –
- Academic Classrooms at Block A & B – repaired cement flooring, replaced classrooms doors and naco windows for a total of 16 classrooms;
- Activity Classrooms at Block B– upgraded classrooms from cement flooring with floor tiles allowing children to conduct their activities more comfortably;
- Student and Teachers’ Toilets at Block A & B – repaired leakage and upgraded with new doors, floor & wall tiles, new sanitary wares;
- Activity Hall stage area – upgraded stage with cement board partition walls, floor tiles and ceiling boards;
- Canteen area – installed new metal deck awning to replace existing canteen roofing and created additional canteen area and upgraded kitchen area with table top tiles;
- Pre-school building – created a more conducive space for pre-school students refreshment area with a newly constructed wall fencing, installed lightings and fans, and upgraded flooring with floor tiles; and
- School fencing – upgraded from chain-linked fencing to brick wall fencing.